[AARA] E-Mails / Reflector
kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat Nov 10 21:17:58 EST 2012
Guys, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I don't want to make enemies of
anyone. I am just trying to make a point on sending e-mails that some
of you may not know.
Here are some things you may not understand about Forwarded E-Mails:
1. I am getting about four to five copies of of the same e-mails from
different sources "*Forwarded*" e-mails. I notice that most of you have
not "*Bcc*:"(*Blind Carbon Copy* - for privacy) them.
I see everyone that is on the list, many I do not know and am sure you
do not know most of them. I took one e-mail and copied them in "*To:*"
and did not
"*Bcc:*" them on purpose to let you see them.
2. I have a "Alias" e-mail address. I could copy all the e-mail
addresses and send a virus, porn, spam, etc. and you would never know
where it came from. /*I know you would not like that!*/
3. There are "Hackers" out there that steal e-mail addresses and sell
them. Ever get e-mails from unknown people trying to sell you
something or get you to join a service?
4. I am trying to run a e-mail reflector dedicated to "Ham Radio", I
don't really have time to read jokes, political, religious, etc. some of
require me to open a "Attachment" which opens a door to viruses. I have
been sending them back to those who send them to me. */I will refrain
/**/doing that in the future. /*
5. I have arthritis which makes typing harder for me to do, so I try to
keep typing down as much as possible. I don't know how much longer
I can keep doing my reflector and newsletter.
I try to keep my e-mails as confidential as possible, sometimes I make a
mistake and get fussed at, but I am human and will probably keep making
them, just bear with me. Hope this information will enlighten some of
you. I am always open to suggestions.
*How To Edit E-Mail Headers*
I use Thunderbird as my e-mail client which is very easy to cut out
headers you receive in your e-mails. There are a couple of ways to do this.
1. First use the "*Forward*" or "*Reply*" command. When new message
comes up, hold down the left mouse button, highlight the text you want to
cut, go to *"Edit"*, and hit *"**Cut"*, this will eliminate your e-mail
headers or other unwanted text. Put your *"To**:*" e-mail addresses and
use the "*Bcc*:" if you don't want others to know
who it is going to.
2. Another Way: On your incoming e-mails, use the "*Edit:*" command,
select "*Select All:*", then hit the "*Copy:*" command, then select
wright a new message, select the text area and hit the "*Paste:*"
command. Use the same directions in #1.
*My E-Mail Reflector*
If you have any ham radio items for sale, trade, items you are looking
to buy, send me a e-mail but please do the following:
1. Send me a detailed description, pictures if possible and asking price.
2. Make sure you have your contact information such as telephone
number, e-mail address, and amateur call sign. I will not respond to
to me, please respond to person posting message.
3. Only amateur radio equipment or ham related items only.
*Remember our Vets November 11, 2012*
Hope this helps a lot, just takes practice.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AARAClubEmailList