[AARA] GO-Kit Day - Update

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Nov 16 06:44:55 CST 2012

*This will be like a Mini-Field Day*.

---------------------------------------------------------------------*GO-Kit
Day*-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Hams:

Here is the information for our GO-KIT day.

*Date:*  November 17, 2012
*Time:* 9AM to 2PM
*Location:*  Ed Roy's ( WA5TNK) Farm
                   7572 Hwy 93, Arnaudville, LA

*Frequencies and times:*

We should not have any problems making phone contacts because their is a
Sweepstakes Phone contest on 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters. But
this could be problematic for our Louisiana voice contacts.

*Saturday November 17, 2012 (*all times Central Standard Time)

0830 - Activate 2 Meter FOX (146.560 5 watts with rubber duck antenna)
from GO-KIT day site.
0830 - 9:00  Hams start to arrive and set up their rigs - no commercial
power available, so will be using battery, solar or generator power.
0900 - 9:15  Link up with Lafayette hospitals and other hams in
Louisiana on 7.240 MHz LSB.
0915 - 9:30  If no contacts are made by 0915 on 7.240 MHz switch to
3.940 MHz LSB.
0930 - 10:30  Check into the Southern Territory SATERN Net on 7.262 MHz LSB.
1030 - Check into the NRA's (National Rifle Association) special event
station on 7.250, 14.050,14.250, 21.335 MHz and/or the
             YL Net on 14.332 MHz.
1100 - Start making digital contacts on 3.583 MHz USB using PSK-31 and
then switching to /*Contestia**/ 16/500.  If  80 meters is dead
             switch to 7.0725 MHz USB.
1300 - Be set up on 7.072.5 MHz USB PSK-31 for our contact with Archie
W5AG at Mountain Bayou Lake Boy Scout Camp near Chicot State Park.
1330 - Make voice contact with Archie on 7.240 MHz LSB.
1400 - Stand Down.

******/Contestia/***is a digital mode that is very very similar to
Olivia. It is similar because it was directly derived from Olivia by
Nick Fedoseev - UT2UZ.

These are just some suggested times and frequencies for you to try.  You
will be able to operate on any band in any mode if you would like, just
be sure
to check with the guy next to you before you key up.
If you plan to use FLDIGI please download the latest version 3.21.61 at
http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html

I am planing on arriving at Ed's Farm for 0800 for those that want to
get an early start and have flag markers at the location. We will use
the 146.820
Pl-103.5 in Lafayette for the talk in frequency/repeater. Please email
me at KF5FNP at cox.net if you have any questions.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7572+Hwy+93,+Arnaudville,+LA&hnear=7572+Louisi

ana+93,+Arnaudville,+Louisiana+70512&gl=us&t=m&z=16

Ed's Farm is located about 1 mile East of Beau Chene school on the South
side of Hwy. 93.  "A" marks the spot.

*Purpose:*  To gain experience setting up and operating your personal
GO-KIT.  We will also try and establish a HF radio link with Archie Hill
W5AG who will be
at the Mountain Bayou Boyscout Camp.
*Objective:*  To have fun with fellow hams, local & nationwide.
*What to bring:*  Everything you need to operate your GO-KIT and log
contacts, and sustain yourself in the field as far as drinks and food.
*Talk in:*  146.820 repeater PL 103.5
*Cancellation:*  Please check in on the 146.820 repeater before leaving
for the GO-KIT site, just in case we have to cancel because of weather
or other reasons.
*Fox Hunt:*  We will not have a fox hunt this time, but I plan to have
the fox (146.560) on the air by 0830 if you want to practice your fox
hunting skills.

Please join us even if you don't want to bring your own gear out and set
up.  Contact me if you have any questions.

73's
Glen Thibodeaux
KF5FNP
cell 337.288.0122