[AARA] KA5LMZ SPECIAL EVENT STATION

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat Sep 29 14:57:40 CDT 2012

*
KA5LMZ SPECIAL EVENT STATION*

Just want to invite all of you to try to make contact on HF on October
6, that's next Saturday.
I will be attempting to get a station on the air from Queen, New Mexico,
for the opening day of ELK season.  FYI, Queen is up in the mountains
out from Carlsbad, about 60 miles away, in the Guadalupe Mountains, semi
desert.
I plan to operate from the Queen Cafe, possibly the front porch or at
the side of the cafe.  If that does not pan out, my friends with the
Queen Volunteer Fire Department have already offered the use of the fire
station, which is right next door to the cafe.
Now, keep in mind, this is what I am supposed to be practicing for every
Field Day, out in the middle of nowhere, maybe one or two trees for
antennas, if I am lucky.  Only thing, I will have commercial power, if
it doesn't go out!
My published schedule in QST is 1600 to 2200Z on either  14.255 or 7.255
plus or minus.  If this works out satisfactorily, I just might leave it
up and get on again during the day Sunday.
It sure would be fun to talk to any of you back here in the Bayou Country.
73 and thanks,
Jackie = KA5LMZ