[AARA] ARRL Louisiana State Convention - Monroe, LA - Saturday!

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Apr 19 10:57:54 CDT 2013

*         Greetings Delta Division Members and Amateurs!*

I want to remind everyone that this Saturday, April 20 will be the ARRL
Louisiana State Convention hosted by Northeast Louisiana Regional Ham
Radiofest and the Twin City Ham Club in Monroe, LA.

Take I-20 (Exit 120) then East on Frontage Road just past Sam's Club
approximately 1 mile and look for the Barak Shrine Temple on right.

Doors open at 8:00 AM on Saturday April 20, set-up for vendors and flea
market on Friday, April 19 from 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM and Saturday morning
at 7:00AM.

Breakfast starts at 8:00 AM on Saturday: Hot Biscuits and Sausage with
Cheese (or not); Orange Juice and/or Hot Coffee.

Lunch: Thomas' (KD5OQC) World Famous Gumbo, Hamburgers,
Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, with all the fix'ens, and chips.

Coffee and soft drinks are available for sale all day.

$5 Entry Fee . . . Tickets available at the door and include a chance
at the grand prizes. Additional prize tickets also available for
purchase for $1 each or 6 tickets for $5 or 25 for $20

Reserve Your Table Today!!! Tables are $10 each; electricity is an
additional $10.
Send e-mail to:webmaster at w5ea.org  or by mail at:

Dealers & Vendors Include:
Hub City Amateur Radio Sales
Palmetto Antenna
Regal-Brown -- Icom Dealer
MCM Computers-WA5VPX

License exams for all classes 9:00AM on Saturday

Hamfest Grand Prizes . Must have an Amateur Radio License to win Grand
Prizes:
1st Yaesu FT 897D Multimode, HF,VHF,UHF Transceiver
2nd MFJ 259B Antenna Analyzer
3rd Wouxun KG-UVD1-P Dual Band HT

Lots of Door prizes!

Forums:
10:00 ARRL/ARES Forum
12:00 Louisiana Contest Club Meeting

Talk-in on 146.85 MHz (open)  Other popular repeaters include: West
Monroe 147.135 MHz (127.3 Hz tone); Riverton (Wide Area Coverage) on
147.015; Rayville 145.490; and Ruston 147.120 (tone 98.4)

For additional information visit:www.w5ea.org

The Gumbo is good and I'll see you there!

73 ES DX

ARRL Delta Division
Director: David A Norris, K5UZ
k5uz at arrl.org