[AARA] Surge Protection Devices Recall

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Dec 2 06:45:05 CST 2013

A fellow ham asked me to pass this along.

    Surge Protection Devices Manufactured Before 2003

Some surge protection devices can overheat under abnormal electrical
conditions, posing a possible fire risk to persons and property.    They
will send current models in exchange.

8 Series Surge Strip

7 Series Surge Strip

    How do I know if I have a recalled unit?

1. Look for bar code label on bottom of surge strip
2. Confirm that the Model Number is included in table below, AND
3. The two numbers that follow the first letter(s) in the serial number
sequence indicate year of manufacture. The unit is included in the
recall if the numbers are 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01,or 02

    Affected Model Numbers

8 Series 	7 Series
NET8 	NET7
NET8N 	NET7T
NET7T-C 	PER7
PER8T 	PER7C
PER8TR 	PER7T
PER8TR-CN 	PER7T-CO
PER8TVR 	PER7T-U
PER8XTV 	PER7TX137
PRF8T2 	PER7-U
PRF8TT 	PER7X148
PRO8 	PRF7
PRO8T2 	PRF7T
PRO8T2C 	PRO7
PRO8T2MP12 	PRO7C
PRO8T2MP12B
PRO7T
PRO8TV 	PRO7TX183

*Stop using surge strip if you have one of the recalled products*