[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Sep 26 22:03:23 CDT 2013

Upcoming Louisiana Events

Tabasco Pepper Sauce Special Event
*September 28 & 29, 2013*
http://www.qrz.com/db/k5dr

*Greetings Fellow Hams,*

This is just a reminder about our *Tabasco Special Event Station *this
weekend. Look for us on the following
  frequencies +/-  QRM.

	PSK-31
	Voice
10 Meters 	28.120
	28.450 or 28.595
15 Meters 	21.070
	21.280
17 Meters 	18.100
	18.128
20 Meters 	14.070
	14.280 or 14.258
40 Meters 	7.070
	7.280
80 Meters 	3.580
	3.803

For more information about the special event, search  K5DR on the QRZ
web site.  And for those hams that would like to make a Collins
to Collins contact during the special event I will be operating my
KWM-2A from 1800 UTC to 2000 UTC on 14.258 USB.

73
Glen Thibodeaux
KF5FNP
QSL Manager & Event Chairman

Tour du Teche Canoe Race
*October 4, 5, 6, 2013*
http://www.laarrl.org/drupal/content/tour-de-tech-canoe-race

Simulated Emergency Test (SET)
*October 12, 9:00 am to 12:00 noon*
http://www.laarrl.org/drupal/content/2013-simulated-emergency-test

*Jamboree on the Air (JOTA)*
*October 19 - 20, 2013*
http://www.laarrl.org/drupal/content/2013-jamboree-air-jota
Special guest Bob Norwillo, Program Director of the Evangeline Area
Council, will fill us in on local
Boy Scout details. *
*
*Amateur Radio Club of Central Louisiana Hamfest *