[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Feb 20 21:26:34 CST 2014

UPDATE:  Keith Hendrix - K5UFO - Silent Key
Good afternoon,

My name is Rachel Romero and I am Mr. Keith Hendrick's office manager at
Service Communications.
We have been periodically checking his email and came across yours.
Please note that the funeral arrangements
listed in the attachment are incorrect. The family will not be meeting
with the funeral home until tomorrow and arrangements
will be made then.

The family would like to thank you for sending the information out to
the ham guys.  We just wanted to clear up the
discrepancy with the arrangements. It will be at Delhomme Funeral Home,
so that is correct.

Thanks,
Rachel Romero
Service Communications
This year our 54th AARA Acadiana Hamfest in Rayne. Louisiana will be
dedicated to the memory of Keith Hendrix K5UFO
a long time member of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc.  He
will be greatly missed.  Our prayers go out to
Keith's family and friends.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We were able to get Main Trading Company confirmed to attend our hamfest
yesterday. And today I  confirmed that the
Kenwood factory rep, Phil Parton will be setting up the Kenwood U.S.A.
booth at our hamfest.  This will mark the first time we
get a factory rep at our hamfest.  Needless to say I'm very excited to
have Kenwood at our hamfest.  Please get the word out
to as many as possible hams, we need to get our attendance up at the
hamfest.  We only have four tables left to sell, so this
year will be a SOLD OUT hamfest again. I am working with the city of
Rayne to get more tables, I'll keep you posted.

Glen KF5FNP
Hamfest Chairman

The latest update to our hamfest flyer can be found at:

http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/Files/AARA%20Hamfest%20Flyer.pdf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*                W1AW Portable Operations Information*

QSL cards for W1AW portable operations....

Hello to everyone....I got a real QSL card from a DL ham for a 2M EME
contact made from W1AW/5.  He did not have any idea where to send it, so he
sent it to me since he knew that I was the operator at W1AW/5(NR5M) at the
time.  I had to write an email to ARRL to find out the correct mailing
address....I looked for several minutes on the ARRL web site and could not
find anything useful.

Here is the address:

ARRL HQ
W1AW Ops
225 Main St.
Newington, CT 06111
USA

I asked the ARRL contact to make sure that the correct mailing address was
easily available on the web site....out where anyone could find it.  Maybe
they will do this so that others will not have to jump through hoops to
figure out where to send the cards.

If you have regional reflectors in your area, you might post this address to
them, so that others will know where to send their cards.....

73 es GL....Marshall K5QE
Op at W1AW/5