[AARA] AARA NEWS

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat Jul 12 10:17:14 CDT 2014

Projected High Altitude balloon launch (weather permitted) July 19th,
8:00am at Beaumont Municipal Airport (BMT) on Keith Rd just off College
street. Again we will have live video feed, telemetry information, APRS
tracking callsign (W5RIN-8). Also will have a cross band repeat setup on
board, (446.000 / 146.565 no CTCSS). Monitor the 146.700 repeater,
W5RIN, EchoLink available, Saturday morning starting 07:00am CDT for
"Go-No-Go".  Come out and participate.

*Just a reminder about Balloon Launch, Saturday, July 29th at Municipal
Airport weather permitting. Meet out there around 8:00 am for setup.
Need help, come out.
*

L.B. Little
*WB5YDA
*President
*Beaumont Amateur Radio Club - W5RIN*
Ph: 409-782-3115
Email:mech5 at gt.rr.com
http://www.qsl.net/w5rin/ <http://www.qsl.net/W5RIN>

The Ozone Amateur Radio Club

Time:  8 AM - 2 PM
Location:  John Slidell Park Gymnasium, 105 Robert Blvd., Slidell, LA
Admission:  $5:00 per person  which includes 1 raffle ticket
Talk-in:  147.270 /.870 PL 114.8
COMMERCIAL DEALERS & FLEA MARKET
Houston Amateur Radio - MCM Computers - Sign Man of Baton Rouge - Bamcom
- Hub City - Be Ready Solar
VE TESTING
VE Testing is off-site @ the Latter Day Saints Building 480 Robert Blvd,
Slidell, LA

MAIN PRIZES
FORUMS

For more info e-mail:
hamfest at w5sla.net
Website:
http://www.w5sla.net

                              *Delta Division ARES Emergency Net Tests*

"We will be running two Delta Division ARES Emergency Net tests the weekend of 26 and 27 July with the Saturday Session
at 2:00PM CDT (19:00Z) and the Sunday Session at 3:00PM CDT (20:00Z) .  EOC, NCS and EC check ins are welcome.
The topic of discussion will be the net script and turnover between NCS operators.   Please note that we will be using
7243 KHz -- our new daytime 40m SSB frequency.  This has been coordinated with the NTS RN5 Net Manager.
Thanks to all our Section Managers, Section EC's, Delta Net Manager N9ACQ and all Assistant Directors involved."