[AARA] 1.5KW linear for sale

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 15 15:18:00 CDT 2014

If someone wants a working 1500 watt PEP amp for $400, not a new one for
$4000, here it is.

This NCL-2000 is a 2KW DC input amplifier. I need $400 for it.
It was designed in the days of 115 Volt / 230 volt power.
Now we have 125/250 volt power from the street, so modifications and
upgrades were necessary to keep from running the tubes beyond their ratings
and ruining them.
I rebuilt it for my own use, but it needs the 250 volt circuit (my house
does not have one) to put out the full 1.5 KW RF.
On my 120 volt circuit with the used tubes it will run 500 watts output CW
RF output (on two different watt meters) all day.
The voltage drop in the AC wire limits it to 750 watts CW out.
SSB PEP would be much higher.
This is a Tetrode amplifier, it does not have microprocessors to change
bands.
It does have redundant interlocks to keep electrocutions to a minimum.
It has an overload relay to protect the tubes from overload.
The internal T/R relay has been replaced with a DC relay to allow a modern
transciever to drive it.
It weighs 65 pounds according to the book, so carrying it at my age is a
problem.
A disassembled "parts" amp without power transformer is also available at no
charge.
If you are interested, email me for full details and pictures.

Thank you,

Pat W5THT
w5tht at arrl.net