[AARA] Special Event Station K5P - Plano (TX) Balloon Festival - Fri 09/19 to Sun 09/21

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Sep 18 05:59:43 CDT 2014

Greetings!

A number of my ham friends in North Texas will be
participating in the Special Event Station K5P this weekend
in conjunction with the Plano (TX) Balloon Festival.

Please make an effort to work'em...

Here's the info from QRZ:

K5P Special Event Station - Plano Balloon Festival 2014 - Plano, TX

For the fourth consecutive year, the Plano Amateur Radio Klub (PARK) and
the McKinney Amateur Radio Club (MARC) will jointly operate Amateur
Radio Special Event Station K5P, at the 2014 Plano Balloon Festival,
September 19-21, 2014. This is the Festival's 35th year.  The station
will be set up directly across the street from the Balloon Festival
launch site and is hosted by the First United Methodist Church, 3160 E.
Spring Creek Parkway in Plano, Texas. Both clubs will be actively participating in the joint effort, making
contacts across the country and around the world, as well as showcasing
to the public what amateur radio is about.

We plan to have 2 stations operating onsite from 2 PM (CDT) / 1900 UTC on
Friday until 2 PM (CDT) / 1900 UTC Sunday (Operations will cease at
night between 10pm-8am CDT/ 0300-1300 UTC) and we plan to operate on or
near the following frequencies:

SSB:
40 meters -7.255 ± QRM
20 meters - 14.260+/- QRM
17 meters - 18.145+/- QRM
15 meters - 21.315 ± QRM

We also hope to have some CW operations.   Please watch the spotting networks to see where we are.

Additionally, K5P Operators may be operating off-site at other times
between Thursday, September 18, 2014 and Thursday, September 25, 2014 on different frequencies and modes.

Our QSL Manager is NW5Q.  Our special QSL card is a normal 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches, so any standard envelope will work just fine.  U.S. stations, for a QSL card, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to the
address above.   eQSLs will be available at eqsl.cc and we will also
upload logs here on QRZ.com.  DX stations, if you want
our paper card, just send us your card direct and we'll get one back to
you.  No green stamps, no IRC's, no worries!

For more information about our clubs, please visitwww.k5prk.net  for the Plano Amateur Radio Club andwww.mckinneyarc.org  for the McKinney Radio Club. Plano Balloon Festival Information can be found atwww.planoballoonfest.org.