[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Feb 1 14:45:04 CST 2015

*T**he February 2015 issue of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association,
INC. (AARA) newsletter LARC can be found at the following website along
with past issues to be printed out or read online in PDF format.
http://www.w5ddl.org/LARC/

The hardcopies went out in the mail Saturday afternoon.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The AARA February General Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 5,
2015 at 7 PM at the Red Cross Building 101 North Pat St., Scott, LA.

Elections for our new officers will take place at this meeting with
nominations from the floor. Installation of officers will take place at
the next general meeting after the hamfest.

A drawing from the 10 top check-ins on the 2014 AARA 2 m Monday Night
Net will take place, you have to be there to win the 2 m / 440 handi-talkie.
*
*_VE Testing will be held at 6 PM. _*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Be sure to check out our AARA Hamfest taking place on March 20 and
21st, 2015. It will be held again in Rayne, Louisiana at the Rayne Civic
Center. Check out our website for more information and download our
latest flyer at the following website:

http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/

I think this one is going to be our best ever. A lot of hard work has
one in this project, so be sure to make plans to attend.  If you plan to
eat crawfish on Friday night, you need to get your pre-registration in
early, also by pre-registering you say one dollar off the admission
charge. Pre-registration forms can be found at the above website.*