[AARA] Working K5QE in the Jan contest.....

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat Jan 24 08:00:04 CST 2015

----- Forwarded Message -----
*From:* Marshall-K5QE <k5qe at k5qe.com>
*To:*
*Sent:* Friday, January 23, 2015 3:53 PM
*Subject:* Working K5QE in the Jan contest.....

Hello to all our friends in the VHF world from the K5QE contest team....

K5QE will be operating in the ARRL January VHF Contest and would really
appreciate any contacts that we can make during the contest.  We will
begin normal operation at the beginning of the contest--1PM CST on
Saturday the 24th.  We will be operating as a Limited Multi-op station
this year, using 6M, 2M, 222, and 432.  The contest ends at 10PM CST
Sunday night.

We want / need to make contacts with as many stations as possible that
are "fairly close" to us using SSB / CW or FM(see below).  We should be
able to work you, especially on the lower bands, and need to hear from
you.  Please call in on 2M on 144.200MHz, 222.100MHz, or on 432.100MHz
and we will work you there and on all the other bands that we can.  We
really appreciate your helping us out with contacts where ever
possible.  Thanks in advance.

This year, in order to help the new FM class, we will look for 2M FM
contacts on 146.46MHz simplex at 9PM Central on both Saturday night and
Sunday night.  FM stations within 100 miles of us should be FB,
especially if you have a vertically polarized beam and can point our
way. We don't run high power on FM, but we do have a 9el beam way up
high, so we can work a long way out there.

LATE NIGHT OPERATIONS:
On 6M, we will be operating WSJT FSK441 digital meteor scatter on
50.265MHz.  We will begin 6M meteor scatter operations at 0100Z Sunday =
7:00PM CST Sat Night and will cease FSK operations at 7AM Local time on
Sunday morning.  After that time, we will resume normal tropo operations.

We have several schedules this time, but as soon as we complete a
schedule, we will call CQ K5QE 265 on 50.260MHz, but we will RX on
50.265MHz and we will complete our contacts there.  If we are calling CQ
towards the NE, we will be on First Sequence.  If we are calling towards
the West or NW, we will be on Second Sequence.

Since we are a Multi-Multi station, we will be looking at the
Ping-Jockey reflector whenever we are doing meteor scatter type
operations.  Due to the ARRL rules, we can not post there.  If you are
not in the ARRL contest, you can post to the reflector freely.  Hence,
you can talk to us, but we cannot answer back.  Please spot us AND our
frequency on the appropriate reflector if you see us--that way, others
can find us.

On 2M, we will be operating WSJT FSK441 digital meteor scatter on
144.142MHz from 7PM CST CST Sat Night and will cease FSK operations at
7AM Local time on Sunday morning.  After that time, we will resume
normal tropo operations.

When we operate 2M digital meteor scatter, we will RX on 144.142MHz.  We
will call CQ K5QE 142 on 144.140MHz, but we will complete our contacts
on 144.142MHz.  Please call us there.  We will be on normal sequence(see
above).

During Late Night Operations, tropo stations can call in on 432.100MHz
or 222.100MHz.  We should be able to pick you up there.  We will still
work you on the other bands, by stopping digital operations for just a
short time.  We very much  want to get you in the log, even if it is
late at night.

EARLY MORNING OPERATIONS:
Especially on 2M and 432, if you are an intermediate range station,
please look for us carefully in the early AM hours of Sunday morning,
say from 7AM to 10AM, when we have the best chance of a tropo opening.
It is amazing how far you can work during those "magic hours" if you
just get a bit of enhancement.

Thank you in advance for spending some time to work us in the contest.

73's Marshall K5QE
EM31cj