[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Wed Mar 11 06:35:59 CDT 2015

LA QSO Party This Weekend-Saturday, March 14th

I hope that you will get the word out about the Louisiana QSO Party this
Saturday from 9AM local time
(1400 UTC-March 14th) till 9PM Saturday (0200 UTC-15th March).
The web site is:
http://www.laqp.louisianacontestclub.org
The website has all the information you will need to participate in the
Louisiana QSO Party 2015
It is a lot of fun. I have participated several years.
Louisiana QSO Party--Phone,CW,Digital, from Mar 14, 1400Z to Mar 15,
0200Z. Bands (MHz): 1.8-28, 50,144, CW 1.84,3.54,7.04,14.04,21.04,28.04;
Phone 1.865, 3.865, 7.255, 14.255, 21.365, 28.465; VHF 50.095, 50.135,
144.05, 144.21 MHz. Exchange: Call sign, RS(T), LA parish or S/P/C. Logs
due: 30 days._Rules <http://laqp.org>

_73's Steve, KE5IAK

W1AW 2015 Spring/Summer Operating Schedule

http://www.arrl.org/w1aw-operating-schedule

****Twin City Ham Club: Monroe Hamfest
April 17 & 18, 2015

****
We are six weeks away from our Northeast Louisiana Hamfest in Monroe,
LA, and things are progressing well.  We should have our concessions
menu ready soon and we will send it out to you as soon as it is complete.
We have three forums scheduled: ARRL Update, Louisiana Contest Club, and
KH2DF will bring a program on Digital operation.
We plan to have an HF rig on-the-air for any who would like to get on
while at the ‘fest.  It will also be a good demonstration of KC5WA, R.C.
Conley’s Buddy Stick antenna.
We’ll have a radio-controlled airplane you can practice flying on a
computer.  Let’s see how good you are!
VE testing will be handled by KB5YEG, Carlos Ingram.  Come on and get
that license or upgrade that you have been wanting.
There are 14 flea market tables still available.  If you want to come
and sell your wares, go to http://w5la.net/tables/ and fill out the form
to reserve your table.
There will be hourly door prize drawings.  At 9am, 11am and 1pm a
Baofeng UV5R will be one of the door prizes (must be present to win).
The grand prize drawings for an MFJ 259C Antenna Analyzer, an Icom
ID-51A VHF/UHF handheld, and an Icom IC-7200 HF/6M transceiver will take
place at 2pm (do not have to be present to win the grand prizes).
Looking forward to a great time of camaraderie with all our ham radio
friends through out the region.
Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.w5ea.org/hamfests.html
73, Jim W5LA