[AARA] 2016 AARA Rayne Hamfest

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Feb 4 06:22:18 CST 2016

Good Evening everyone:

Hope all is well with each of you!

This is a friendly reminder for those of you who purchased tables at last year's
hamfest. We are now 35 DAYS....yes that's right.... 35 DAYS until the hamfest.
We still have tables left, so I encourage you to get those registrations in to
me as quickly as possible. Thanks to those of you who have already reserved your
table!!! The AARA Rayne Hamfest will be held March 11 and 12, 2016.

This year is shaping up very nicely. We have awesome vendors, great forums,
fantastic food and great music! For all the latest information, please click on
the link below to see the updated flyer.

http://w5ddl.org/hamfest/Files/AARA%20Hamfest%20Flyer.pdf

We are very excited to announce that both KENWOOD and YAESU will have company
representatives at the hamfest this year. We will also have vendors such as
Houston Amateur Radio, MFJ, Main Trading Company, The Signman of Baton Rouge,
Palmetto Antennas, McM Computers, Be Ready Solar, Expert Linear Amplifiers,
Elecraft, Frank Krize Surplus Tubes, and Landry Camo Tubes.

This year we will also be offering ICS courses for those interested in
ARES...This is tentative at this time pursuant on obtaining an instructor. This
class will be held Friday morning and be finished by 3pm just in time for the
opening of the hamfest.

YES you read that correct....Friday the hamfest will open at 3PM....New start
time from last year.

Saturday will host several forums: ARES, Louisiana Contest Club, ARRL, AMSAT and
LA Council of Amateur Radio. More forums are currently in the works and will be
posted on the flyer once they have been confirmed.

This year we will also be having a special speaker, Mike Corey, KI1U, Who will
give a presentation on DX titled "10 Lessons Learned from both Ends of the Pile
Up”. Be sure to remember to see this one!

Friday night will culminate with a Crawfish Boil along with some great Cajun
Music. If you don't like crawfish, no worries, the caterer will also have gumbo
for sale as well. Don't forget: there is a deadline of February 15, 2016...That
deadline is approaching very fast.

Food will also be available Saturday, so come hungry. Check the flyer for the
menu! (remember the link above???)

VE Testing will once again take place on Saturday Morning. IF you want to get
that Tech license, or upgrade to General or Extra, Bring a copy of your ID along
with $15.00 and you can get to that next license level!

Mr. Weston Hebert will once again be hosting Bingo on Saturday for all those who
aren't interested in the "ham stuff". Mr. Weston has been offering Bingo for the
last 31 years so he knows how to call those games!

SO...If you don't want to miss all the fun, download, print and mail me that
form to me. The link to the PDF version of the preregistration form is:

http://w5ddl.org/hamfest/Files/AARA%20hamfest%20pre-registration%20form.pdf

We have been working extremely hard to make this hamfest one of the best around
and want you to enjoy yourself when you get here.

OK....I think I have covered most of the important stuff...I think. Remember,
gas is cheap and prices will be too! Come join us March 11 and 12 for the 2016
AARA Rayne Hamfest.

Regards,

Galen Wilson
KF5BET