[AARA] AARA News / NPOTA

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri May 6 07:58:11 CDT 2016

REMINDER...HAM FEST RESCHEDULE

The New Orleans Ham Radio & Computer Ham Fest has Been Reschedule For
the Fall...

The New Orleans Ham Radio & Computer Ham Fest is ONE OF THE LAST FREE
HAM FESTS IN THE GULF REGION......

The New Orleans Ham Radio & Computer Ham Fest has been reschedule in the
fall of this year .C.C.A.R.G. will announce the date when we are ready
to do so.Since we have a bigger location (approximately 18000 square
feet available ) C..C.A.R.G.is planning to make the Ham Fest a little
more family oriented. We are going to invited the wife's / ladies who
want to sell jewel & crafts to attend to. We are also considering to
have a section for activities for kids too.

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me.

73 Joe N5OZ
504-288-7084
Joen5ozg at cox.net
NPOTA Special Event

https://npota.arrl.org/resources/images/logo.png
The AARA will be activating the National Parks On The Air (NPOTA) HP17
Jean Lafitte NHP and Preserve National Historical Park
<http://www.nps.gov/jela/index.htm> on Saturday May 7, 2016 using the
AARA club call W5DDL.  We will operate from 0800 to around 1800 Central
Time.  Look for us on 40 meters around 7.265 MHz and 20 meters around
14.265 MHz +/- QRM.  This will be our first use of our new mobile
operations trailer (AMOS II).  Come out and visit us and get some "hands
on operation".  Our location will be:
Jean Laffite Acadian Cultural Center
501 Fisher Road
Lafayette, LA