[AARA] Fwd: MAY 2016 MIC & KEY-Jefferson CO Amateur Radio Club

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat May 7 18:34:48 CDT 2016

Your MAY 2016 MIC&Key Newsletter is Attached.
We will also be needing help with the Don Allen Sports Day in Wildwood
on May 21. This is an event for the Physically and mentally challenged
and is a very rewarding event.  Please contact Kirk or myself if you
would like to help. More info to come shortly.
Thanks,
Randy, K5RWL
409-466-5828
rwleftwich at aol.com <mailto:rwleftwich at aol.com>
Attention:

*US ISLANDS ON THE AIR - May 14, 2016*

*PLEASURE ISLAND YACHT CLUB*

*14 May 2016, 8:00am – 7:00pm*

**

*We will operate under the club callsign W5SSV as Pleasure Island US
Island# TX002L from approximately 8:00AM till late afternoon the event
officially ends at 7:00PM local time on Saturday. *

**

*There will be at least two HF stations operating.*

**

*We will be located at the Port Arthur Yacht Club on Pleasure Island.
They have been very gracious hosts for this event. Restroom facilities
are available on site. We plan to bring a BBQ grill that will be
available to everyone but no cook will be provided so you are on your
own. You can bring a picnic lunch and eat under the trees. *

**

*The main thing is come out and have a good time.*

*This is a laid back operating event no high pressure.*

*You are welcome to bring you own radio setup if you wish. *

**

*http://usislands.org/history.html*

**

Kirk Mahaney - N5WKM