[AARA] New 2 Meter Repeater

Oren Haydel III ohaydel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 16:52:18 CST 2017

Hello,

I am writing this message to notify the membership of AARA of a new digital
2M repeater that is now on the air in Scott, LA.

The repeater is located centrally in Scott, and is on a tower approximately
70ft HAAT.  The repeater trustee is K5LPD, Oren Haydel of Carencro.  The
Co/Trustee is Gary Nezat K5EOD.  The repeater is digital only, and operates
as a Multi Mode Digital Voice Modem (MMDVM).   Please refer to the
following website for more information:
http://ohaydel.wixsite.com/k5lpd

You will need a CCS7/DMR ID to get started.  If you do not have any
equipment, you can listen live to the DMR network here:
http://hose.brandmeister.com/3100/  <http://hose.brandmeister.com/3100/>
 (Nationwide TG)

The modes that are currently enabled are:

DMR (Brandmeister Network)
Yaesu Fusion (Wires X Mode through MMDVM)
P-25

The technicals are as follows:
Be advised, the coordinated frequency is NOT a standard 2 meter split, but
the wide split variant.

Repeater Output:  144.9800
Repeater Input:   147.4800

DMR:  Color Code 1
Time Slot 1:   All Dynamic Talkgroups
Time Slot 2:   Local Communications  (TG3122 Louisiana Statewide is Static)
TalkGroup 9 is local communications only.

Fusion Traffic is in DN mode only.

Please see the K5LPD website for detailed information on programming other
modes.  If you have a DMR radio, please feel free to program the repeater
and get started!
If you are new to DMR, programming can be confusing.  Please contact me via
email and I can assist in getting you up and running.

I hope that you will be interested in these new digital modes.  If you do
any research on the internet regarding DMR Ham Radio, you will see that
this side of the hobby is growing each day.  In the last 6 months alone,
more than 20,000 new DMR ID's were issued to amateur radio operators.

Estimated footprint of repeater:  (Your mileage may vary)
Red is estimated portable coverage, Mobile coverage in green.  Base
stations will be much greater.
https://brandmeister.network/?page=repeater&id=312206

[image: Inline image 1]

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in getting started and
need guidance.  I look forward to more people joining our group!

Oren  K5LPD
ohaydel at gmail.com