[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Apr 30 08:59:57 CDT 2018

The May 2018 issue of the AARA newsletter LARC is online at this time
where it will be available to be downloaded and printed in color in
Adobe Acrobat .PDF format at:

http://www.w5ddl.org/LARC/

Back issues are also available on line.

*AARA GENERAL MEETING *
Thursday April 3, 2018 @ 6:00 PM - The Lafayette Science Museum Enter
doors on 183 E. Convent St. <http://www.w5ddl.org/clubsite/images/doors.jpg>
Prizes awarded to the Monday Night Net top check-in and a drawing to the
one that attended the General Meeting during the year.
VE Testing & Board Meeting @ 6:00 PM

The local area VHF net schedules for May can be found at:
http://www.w5ddl.org/clubsite/news.htm

The Acadiana Amateur Radio Association is sponsoring the Delta Division
D-Star Day
<http://www.icomamerica.com/en/amateur/d-star-day/triple-d-plus-1/default.aspx>
on May 5, 2018.  The event will be held at the Lafayette Science Museum,
in Lafayette Louisiana, doors open at 8:15 AM for eyeball rag chews.

Forums begin at 9:00 AM and conclude at 4:00 PM. Lunch is included along
with refreshments and that will include a working session on Emergency
Communications with Louisiana ARES SM John Mark Robertson, K5JMR, and
Section Emergency Coordinator Jim Coleman, AI5B.

I am still having problems with Cox e-mail users.  Seems like my e-mails
to Cox people don't get there.  All others seem to get there.
I can receive Cox e-mails and other e-mails from other domains, it's
just Cox e-mails don't get delivered.  I don't get any bounce backs.
I have talked to LUSFIBER and they said they don't block anything.  I
called Cox and they said Cox subscribers should call them as I
am not a Cox client.

I have sent out numerous e-mails in the last few days on my reflector,
if you use Cox and did not receive them, please call them.
I talked to LUSFIBER this morning they told me everything I send out
leaves clean and suggested that Cox subscribers check their
SPAM folders and to call Cox, there may be a possibility they have
quarantined my e-mails as SPAM.

Herman
KN5GRK
kn5grk at lusfiber.net