[AARA] For Sale: Alpha 8410 Amplifier

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat Aug 18 07:02:28 CDT 2018

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Alpha 8410 amplifier for sale
Date: 	Fri, 17 Aug 2018 16:04:15 -0500
From: 	Walt Gibson <gibber985 at cox.net>
To: 	Herman Campbell <kn5grk at lusfiber.net>

Hi Herman,
I’m offering a *pristine, low-time Alpha 8410* amplifier for sale and
want to give the folks on your mailing list the first opportunity to
purchase same. I purchased this 8410 during the brief time period that
Alpha products were available through HRO, and this was in July of
2011.  HRO was acting primarily as a “Drop Shipper” since the amplifier
itself was shipped new out of Colorado directly to me.
In October of 2014, I shipped this 8410 back to Alpha for correction of
a fault that was most likely caused by static electricity.  Apparently a
number of units had been repaired due to this because the Alpha invoice
stated “T/R board *mods *installed.” Since that time, this 8410 hasn’t
exhibited any faults at all.
The serial number is 841011260245 and it uses two of the Russian
equivalent of the 4CX1000. Current 8410s use two of the Russian
equivalent of the 4CX1500 because of availability, I’m told.
*I plan on leaving this 8410 connected* in my system so anyone who wants
to visit and look it over will be able to do so.  I routinely load to a
CW output of 1 KW out of consideration for my neighbors and antenna!!
Will be happy to attach a dummy load and show 1.5 KW if any visitor so
desires.
*I strongly prefer pickup* because this is the easiest way for both me
and the buyer.  Original boxes and all documentation is available.  Keep
in mind there are two boxes, one for the amp and one for the
transformer.  The transformer alone requires two men and a small boy to
carry!!
Located in Destrehan, Louisiana.
*_Firm price_* is $2,750 if picked up and $2,950 if shipped via FedEx
Ground within CONUS.  I’ll gladly accept either PayPal or hard cash.
For pickup, PayPal transaction will need to be completed in advance.
My information on QRZ is current.  My landline phone in Destrehan is
985-725-1955.  I don’t use a cell phone except when traveling out of town.
That’s all for now folks.....
Best 73s,
Walt
W5CGV