[AARA] Fwd: [Yaesu_FT-5000] Off topic but brief

Art (K5FNQ) k5fnq at lusfiber.net
Fri Jan 5 09:40:31 CST 2018

Forwarding info on the ARRL "problem"

Art K5FNQ

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Yaesu_FT-5000] Off topic but brief
Date: 	Thu, 4 Jan 2018 23:37:53 -0500
From: 	Ted TSRWVCOMM at aol.com [Yaesu_FT-5000]
<Yaesu_FT-5000 at yahoogroups.com>
To: 	Yaesu_FT-5000 at yahoogroups.com

Hello all:

This is off topic, but many seem concerned enough, that I wanted to
share a few links that point to some very important activities at ARRL,
especially with regard to an upcoming board meeting in January that
could change the way that members are represented in the ARRL.

If you haven't followed it, here are some informative links.

Many members, as well as clubs, are writing to the directors, officers,
and vice directors of ARRL, to ask them to keep the ARRL as a
membership- based organization with transparency.

Useful links:

https://www.hamradionow.tv/episodes/2017/12/30/hrn-377-bs11-arrl-cq-happy-new-year?download=true
<https://www.hamradi%0A%20onow.tv/episodes/2017/12/30/hrn-377-bs11-arrl-cq-happy-new-year?download=true>(view
after 10:50)

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/major-change-to-arrl-by-laws-proposed.593056/

https://www.change.org/p/american-radio-relay-league-improve-arrl-transparency-and-respect-for-present-and
-future-membership
<https://www.change.org/p/american-radio-relay-league-improve-arrl-transparency-and-respect-for-present-and-future-membership> (consider
signing the petition and spread the word)

http://www.kb6nu.com/im-not-one-unhappy-recent-arrl-board-moves/

And a recent letter from a club with 1000 members:

http://pvrc.org/PVRCarrl01012018ver9a.pdf

73, and thanks for the bandwidth.....and now we return to your regularly
scheduled p rogramming.

Ted N9NB

--
K5FNQ - Art Mouton k5fnq(at)lusfiber.net (or (at)arrl.net) ARRL, QCWA,
CW OPS, Louisiana Contest Club, DXCC Honor Roll (Mixed & CW),