[AARA] Louisiana QSO Party This Saturday 3/17

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Mar 16 12:21:29 CDT 2018

Just a reminder that tomorrow (3/17) is the Louisiana QSO Party, where
QSO's with Louisiana stations are sought after by those inside and
outside of the state. It starts at 9am CDT and ends at 9pm CDT but of
course you can do as many or as few hours in that time period that your
schedule will allow. As the name implies its a casual operating event
but a chance to put a lot of stations in your log and to test your
equipment and operating skills.

Detailed rules including suggested frequencies, allowed modes, official
parish abbreviations, exchange, etc can be found at the LaQP website
<http://laqp.org>. Modes available are CW/Digital, and SSB and you may
work a station on those two modes on each band for credit. Allowed bands
are 160-2 but repeater QSO's are not allowed for credit and no WARC band
operation.

A map of planned operations can also be found on the website. Take a
look and you'll see that currently there are planned activations for 47
of the 64 parishes but, for example, in the case of Jefferson and
Orleans parishes coverage is by a mobile (NO5W) who will be in the area
for less than an hour so there is plenty of time for you to pick up the
slack in those parishes as well as in most others.

Dallas-K1DW and I will be QRV as NO5W/m activating the following
parishes in the order listed: Washington, Tangipahoa, Livingston,
St.Helena, East Feliciana, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, West
Feliciana, Pointe Coupee, West Baton Rouge, Iberville, Iberia, St.
Martin, St. Mary, Assumption, Terrebonne, Lafourche, Assumption,
Ascension, St.James, St. John the Baptist, St. Charles, Jefferson,
Plaquemines, Orleans, St. Bernard, Orleans, St.Tammany.

If you are chasing grids our route will include operation in EM40, EL49,
EM50, and EL59. You can follow us parish-wise and grid-wise on APRS
using this map. <https://tinyurl.com/yaw4mr7h>  Our operation will be on
80, 40, 20, 15 depending on conditions and time of day but the primary
bands will be 40 and 20.

So if you have some time and have HF capability, get on the air, call
"CQ Louisiana QSO Party", make some QSOs, log some QSOs, and have fun.
If you plan to operate send me a note with your call, your parish, and
the mode (Mixed, CW/Digital, SSB) you plan to operate and I will add
your operation to the map.

If you have questions let me know (today)

73/Chuck/NO5W

Louisiana QSO Party <http://laqp.org>