[AARA] Jimmie Reeves N8OVD - Silent Key

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat May 12 07:06:10 CDT 2018

It is with great sadness that we have lost another one of our long time
AARA members. Jimmie L. Reeves N8OVD of
St. Martinville, Louisiana became a Silent Key on May 8, 2018after a
long bout with cancer.  We will miss Jim.  Please
keep Jim and family in your prayers.

https://dux7id0k7hacn.cloudfront.net/as/assets-mem-com/cmi/5/5/9/4/7844955/20180509_152438872_0_orig.jpg/-/jimmie-reeves-new-iberia-la-obituary.jpg?maxheight=650
Jimmie was a Jet Mechanic in the United States Air Force from 1961
through 1965. He retired in 2004 from Lockwood-Green & Co.
where he worked as a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer. He was
passionate about his hobby as an Amateur Ham Radio Operator for
over 28 years. He was a member of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association
in Lafayette, Louisiana and attended many of our "Lunch
Bunch" get-to-gathers. He always had some funny stories to tell that
keep you laughing.

The family is honored to submit his call sign N8OVD to The National
Silent Key Archive of ARRL the national association for Amateur Radio.
Jimmie was an avid FOX News fan and enjoyed watching it daily. He was of
the Baptist faith and a member of First Baptist Church of
New Iberia, Louisiana.