[AARA] 2021 Slidell EOC HAMFEST (Revised)

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Wed Oct 6 12:22:38 CDT 2021

**2021 Slidell EOC HAMFEST*****
****ARRL Sanctioned Hamfest  -   Unique Local Attractions****
*** Hello Fellow Hams;
       The Slidell EOC Hamfest sponsored by the/*Ozone Amateur Radio
Club*/ is /*ON */for October 8 & 9, 2021. The Slidell Auditorium
survived Ida and is ready for our fest. This year will be big because
our venue has changed back to the Slidell Auditorium
from John Slidell Park gym. We have major vendors and great main and
hourly prizes (see flyer).
       For those concerned about COVID; Louisiana and St. Tammany’s new
cases are on the down slope. Our Governor has mandated
Masks for all indoor activities so bring your mask. Unfortunately, we
will not be able to supply masks to those who forget…please
put an extra mask in your transportation vehicle today. For those that
don’t believe in masks, we respect your beliefs/opinions,
but please comply so we do not get shutdown or kicked out of our new
venue. Thanks.

73,
K5OZ
Dave Hartley - OARC President and 2021 Hamfest Chairman.

***LOCATION*:  SLIDELL CITY AUDITORIUM **2056 2nd St, Slidell, LA 70458**
*******ADMISSION:* ** **Adults: $5 (includes 1 raffle ticket - good for
both days)  - children 12 & Under: Free**
***Friday: ***October 8th. 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m****
Vendor setup 8am to 2pm (Enter rear doors on old fire house side)
Flea Market setup 10am to 2pm (Enter rear doors on old fire house side)
Doors open to public at 2pm and close at 5pm (Enter though Lobby doors)
*Saturday: ***Oct 9th. 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. **
Doors open to Vendors and Flea Marketeers 7:30am (Enter rear doors on
old fire house side)
Doors open to public at 8am and close at 3pm (Enter though Lobby doors)
***TALK-IN: * **147.27 MHz (+600 kHz) PL 114.8 Hz**
*FLEA MARKET TABLES:* **(3’ x 8’) - $10 (Does not include cost of
admission).**
*VE TESTING:* **October 9th check-in time is @ 8:30 am $15.00 test  fee.**
                             See: http://www.w5sla.net/classes.htm
<http://www.w5sla.net/classes.htm>**for location and  pre-registration
information.***
GRAND PRIZE DRAWING:
1st Place - Yaesu FT 991 A
2nd Place - Yaesu FT 70 DR
3rd Place - Yaesu FT 70 DR
4th Place - Alinco DJ - MDXT
5th Place - $100 Gift Certificate - from DX Engineering.

* *Forum Schedule: (*Revised 10/06/2021*)*
http://w5sla.net/Hamfests%202021/2021_Slidell_Hamfest_Forums.html
We wanted to make clear that the Hamfest Forums actually begin before
the hamfest.   The first forum begins at 9:30 a.m. on Friday.
The doors to attend the forums will open at 9:00 a.m.   Keep in mind the
doors for the hamfest on Friday open at 2:00 p.m.
The hamfest page has been updated and there is a link at the top and
bottom of our page to the schedule.
*Vendors:
*The Sign Man, MCM Computers, TN07 Engineering, N5IAW Connectors,  ABR
Industries, and Hamworld Inc.
*Public Contact:*
        Dave-K5OZ - Chairperson
        Ron-WB5CXJ - Co-Chairperson