[AARA] Eagle Expo Special Event

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Feb 14 08:40:14 CST 2022

      The /*Bayouland Emergency Amateur Radio Service*/ (BEARS) will
operate a special event station using the
call W5BMC on Saturday February 19, 2022.
      The event will be a outdoor set up under beautiful oak trees on
the bank of the Bayou Teche, OR Lower
Atchafalaya River, depending on what historian you talk to.  The address
is 118 Main Street in Patterson,
situated right on La. 182 on the east side of Patterson.  This is the
popular site of Captain Caviar's Swamp
Tours that takes visitors into the Atchafalaya Basin.  Captain Caviar
(John) is  kind enough to allow the
club to set up on the grounds.  In the event there is bad weather, the
station will operate and will be
set up on the porch rather than out in the open.
      For those of you attending who may not know quite where to go,
I've have "maps" below with directions
from both the West and the East. The address is 118 Main Street,
Patterson. As discussed, we'll probably
go out Friday (Feb 18) after work to set up antennas so we have an
easier morning on Saturday. Please
get in touch if you want to help prep for this. Also, this is a “BYOB”
event: please bring your own ice chest
with drink of choice as well as your own snacks/food. There is a great
pizza place right up the street
(GameDay Pizza) so we may all chip in and order pizza, or if you like
boudin, stop on your way over at
Black Kettle Cajun Meats (825 Hwy 90) for boudin eggrolls, boudin balls,
cracklins, or boudin sausage.
They close early on Saturdays!
      The club welcomes all visitors to the event.  Transmitting will
begin at 10 am and end at 3 pm CST.
Frequencies will be 7.250 and 14.250.  Also, Echo Link will be W5BMC-R,
507010.
For further information contact:   Deborah Price N5FMI
/*deborah at frameshopinc.com*/

Check out these links:
https://www.cajuncoast.com/event/eagle-expo
https://www.cajuncoast.com/blog/flock-cajun-coast-eagle-expo-or-lovebirds-getaway