[AARA] June Amateur Radio News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Wed May 25 09:50:01 CDT 2022

I have posted my June newsletter on line along with the April & May
issues at:
https://kn5grk.com/newsletter/
Any comments are appreciated.
Herman
KN5GRK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WX4NHC Will Be On The Air for Annual Communications Test*
Saturday, May 28th , 2022 from 9AM- 5 PM EDT ( 1300z- 2100z
14.325 MHz & 7.268 MHz depending on propagation

This is our 42nd year of public service at the National Hurricane
Center  (NHC).

      The purpose of this event is to test WX4NHC Amateur Radio
Equipment and Antennas at NHC as well as operator’s
home equipment, antennas and computers prior to this year’s hurricane
season, which starts June 1st and runs
through November 30th. This event is good practice for ham radio
operators worldwide to practice Amateur Radio
communications available during times of severe weather.
      We will be making brief contacts on many frequencies and modes,
exchanging signal reports and basic weather data
exchange (sunny, rain, temperature, etc.) with any station in any location.
More info at:
https://nediv.arrl.org/2022/05/11/wx4nhc-will-be-on-the-air-for-annual-communications-test-may-28-2022/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The*AARA General Meeting* will be held Thursday, June 2 at 7:00 PM in
the party room of the:
/*Candyland Cottage and Ice Cream Shoppe*/
     109 Benoit Patin Road
     Scott, LA.
Everyone is welcome to attend and see what is going on in the area with
ham radio. Next meeting will be June 2, 2022
*VE Exams* - When possible, Amateur Radio Examinations (VE Exams) will
be conducted prior to the club meetings starting
at 6:00 PM.    Please arrive as early as possible to help insure
adequate time is available to complete your exam before the
meeting starts. Exam information can be found here:
http://www.w5ddl.org/VE%20Exams.htm
Anyone needing additional information regarding VE Exams should contact
Greg Dolan K5LFT at k5lft at arrl.net.
Museum Ships Weekend 2022
June 3 @ 8:00 pm – June 5 @ 8:00 pm EDT
For more details, visit https://nj2bb.org/museum/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Lewis and Clark Trail on the Air*
The Lewis and Clark Trail on the Air special event is scheduled for June
4 - 19, 2022. The Clark County Amateur Radio Club
is sponsoring the inaugural event, and we hope to make it a yearly
occurrence. There will be at least one club on the air in
each of the 16 states covered by the trail, and the clubs are as excited
as we are about the event. The operating modes are
SSB phone, FM phone (2 meters only), CW, and FT8. Those that contact all
16 states will receive the Expedition Partner
Certificate, and those that contact 1 - 15 states can receive the Trail
Companion Certificate. Check the website, https://lctota.org,
for certificate examples and additional information. Our committee is
working hard to make this a top-notch event. Be sure to
mark your calendars!
/--Thanks to the Clark County Amateur Radio Club