[AARA] Field Day in Acadiana

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Jun 20 20:50:22 CDT 2011

*AARA Field Day 2011*

      On Saturday & Sunday June 25-26, 2011, the Acadiana Amateur Radio
Association, Inc. will hold it's annual Field Day as an exercise in
emergency preparedness.  Sponsored by the American Radio Relay League
(ARRL), the largest organization in the world dedicated to amateur radio.
      Ham Radio stations will be set up and powered by emergency power
such as generators, batteries, and solar power.  Other stations
throughout North America will be operating for a period of 24 hours
continuously.  National recognition and awards will be given to those
ranking at the top of their class.
      We invite the following:  State, Parish, & City Officials -- Media
-- Scouting Groups -- and any visitors wanting to learn more about this
GREAT hobby.  Representatives from area emergency and disaster agencies
will be present.  The Salvation Army will have their Canteen set up with
drinks and refreshments.
      The site for Field Day 2011 will be held on the grounds of the
Rayne Civic Center, 300
Frog Festival Drive, Rayne, LA 70578.  Just south of I-10 at Exit 87.
Look for signs.
      James Petitjean, Mayor of the City of Rayne, Louisiana has
proclaimed the week
Of June 19th thru June 25th as "AMATEUR RADIO WEEK".

AARA Web Site:
http://www.w5ddl.org
http://www.w5ddl.org/clubsite/gallery.htm
Check out the above websites for more information on Field Day
activities.  Volunteers are always needed.

*SOMETHING NEW*

JUNK-IN-THE-TRUNK
We have added something new for this year's Field Day, between 9:00 AM
and 3:00 PM Saturday June 25th during our Field Day Event, there will be
a "Junk-In-The-Trunk" which means if you have any items laying around
that you might want to trade, sell, donate, etc., you are invited to
load it up and bring it to the AARA Field Day in Rayne, Louisiana and
sell from your trunk or pickup truck.  We would prefer ham radio
associated items, but I understand anything legal goes. We will be
located in the large pavilion in Gossen Memorial Park, Rayne, LA. First
15 that shows up get to park under the pavilion (bring a mat to prevent
oil spills on pavement) all others can park on the grass. It is open to
all, members or non-members, soft drinks will be sold to non-members.
SO LOAD UP ALL YOUR OLD JUNK AND COME OUT AND VISIT

*13 Colonies Special Event Stations*

More details at:

http://13colonies.info/