[AARA] Emergency Communications info

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 27 17:41:10 CDT 2012

As requested by Jim AI5B our LA SM the LTN will be activated at 12:00
Noon Wednesday Aug 29 to handle health and welfare traffic.   Frequency
will be on 3910 MHZ but may change. We will handle _only out going
traffic _for the first 72 hours.  The net will run until  it is not
needed.  We will coordinate net controls at the regular session tonight.
We will run the net until around midnight each day.  We will need NET
Control volunteers to relieve our regular NCS.
The Delta Division tactical frequency will be 3890 MHz starting at 6:00
PM.  Please hold H&W traffic for the LTN.
The Hurricane Watch Net is 14.325 MHZ when activated.
The Mississippi Traffic Net will also be running on their normal frequency.

Carlos, KB5YEG  STM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Section Managers of Louisiana and Mississippi have requested that
the Delta Division Emergency Net be activated
on Tuesday August 28th at 1800 (6:00 PM) Central Time on 3890 KHz.
Baton Rouge GOHSEP "Governor's Office of
Homeland & Security Emergency Preparedness" WB5LHS will kick off the net.

The Louisiana ARES Net will be meeting each evening on 3873 KHz at 2100
(9:00 PM) Central Time for weather updates and reports.

Governor's Office of Homeland & Security Emergency Preparedness website:
http://gohsep.la.gov/
ARRL Louisiana Section website:
http://www.laarrl.ogr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings colleagues:

A few matters may interest folks away from the Gulf Coast.
FYI...

The ARRL Delta Division net will activate Tuesday, 2300 UTC  or 1800 CDT
in preparation for the landfall of Isaac,
forecast to be a hurricane.

The Mississippi section phone net will convene on its usual 75 meter
frequency as well Tuesday evening.  The Louisiana
traffic net will convene to handle health & welfare traffic at 1700
UTC.  1200 CDT Wednesday.
There will be a 72 moratorium on inbound traffic to Louisiana for the
first 72 hours as of this timeas declared
by La. section leadership.

AS is customary the hurricane watch net will commence tomorrow time to
be announced on both 14325 khz, its usual
20 meter frequency, and on 7268 KHz to take reports of weather data from
those in the path of Isaac.

73

Richard Webb, NF5B
Chair, ARRL NTS Central Area
Manager, ARRL Delta Division Emergency Net