[AARA] LARS Jambalaya BENEFIT and potential TAILGATE

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Wed Oct 17 19:45:21 CDT 2012

The Livingston Amateur Radio Society is having a Club Benefit, Saturday,
October 27, 2012 in the parking lot at WalMart on Range Avenue in Denham
Springs, Louisiana. We are going to gather in the parking lot at about
8:00 am and have the Jambalaya ready to serve by 11.00 am. We will
socialize, tell lies, drink refreshments (bring your own), and Coffee
will be available. The cook has been rumored to be the WORLD Champion
Jambalaya Cook. We would have a liars contest but there will probably be
too many liars there to get around to everyone, so you are on your own
with that event.

*TAILGATE/JUNQUE IN THE TRUNK: If you would like to bring radio gear
(junque)etc. that you wish to dispose of put in your trunk and bring it.
Those who want to sell from their trunk may do so. It be more fun, if
you bring something**
*
*
*
*NOTICE TO ALL CLUB MEMBERS: We need workers to assist with fixing the
lunch boxes, serving the food, selling Jambalaya, collecting money for
sales and holding signs up for passing cars and those in the parking
lot. Barbara and Jessica need all the help they can get. Please
telephone Barbara and Jessica and volunteer for what you can do. We also
need folks to "hold down chairs".*
*
*
*If any member can donate cookies or anything else to facilitate serving
the food please telephone Barbara and/or Jessica. We need to know by
October, 24 who can donate cookies (not sticky/gooey cookies).**
*
*
*
*MEMBERS OF OTHER CLUBS AND/OR GROUPS: You are invited to participate in
the Jambalaya benefit and the JUNK IN THE TRUNK. Please forward this
email to as many amateurs as you can and to your Clubs and let them know
they are invited to our SHINDIG !!!!!!!*
*
*
*Livingston Amateur Radio Society is an actively growing Ham Radio Club
but has upcoming expenses such as Hardline and Cavities.*
*
*
*For further information, to volunteer to help, or make donations of
items. please telephone Barbara King at 664-2037 or email
**k5mol at yahoo.com
<http://us.mc1216.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=k5mol@yahoo.com>**and/or
Jessica Houvien and Todd Houvien at 667-9198 or email **kb5tmd at arrl.net
<http://us.mc1216.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=kb5tmd@arrl.net>**. .*