[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Jun 3 16:03:50 CDT 2013

The June 2013 issue of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc.
(AARA) newsletter LARC is on-line for your viewing or printing
in color in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format at:
http://www.w5ddl.org/LARC/
Back issues are available.
Hard copies are in the mail.
The AARA will hold their June 2013 General Meeting this Thursday June 6
at 7:00 PM at the Red Cross Building,
101 N. Pat St., Scott, LA.  We will be discussing Field Day.

VE Testing will begin at 6:00 PM just before the meeting.  Bring CSCE's,
$15.00, copy of license (no copy machine available)
and photo ID if you plan to test.

It was agreed to hold our AARA FD in the Green Room at Gossen Memorial
Park, Rayne, Louisiana.

The ARRL has a Field Day Locator that can tell you where the nearest FD
site to you can be located at:

http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator

The AARA Field Day will be on Saturday & Sunday June 22 & 23

W5DDL
Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc.
Gossen Memorial Park - Green Room
Rayne, LA
*GOTA:* YES
*Talk-in:* 146.820 PL 103.5
*Contact:*   Archie Hill, Jr.  W5AG
                 Field Day Chairman
                 337-266-5454
                 archibal at bellsouth.net
                 http://www.w5ddl.org

*Amateur Radio Club of Central Louisiana Field Day*

N5I is our Special Event Callsign for Field Day 2013
Here's the map/locator: http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator

Go North on I-49 from Alexandria. Take Exit 90 (Airbase Road). When you
come to the intersection take a RIGHT.  Go over the levee and go right.
Take your first left.  Look for the helicopter on the large, tall pole.
Preparations are Friday, June 21^st . We will meet at 5 pm, at the
site.  Those who help prepare will be given a meal at McD's or Burger King.
Read more about Field Day 2013 in the Brass Key.

No alcohol whatsoever.  I will go over more rules to follow during the
club meeting.  Please remind me!

Keith, Donny and I went to the location this week and took a video and
some pictures.  The scenery is spectacular.  We will have the Mobile
Command Post on site.  The entire grounds are checked out to us and only us.

The link below shows pictures of our NEW Field day site for this year.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3-YTRcY-AAzUkNsa2NFWndrWEU&usp=sharing

Scott Wren KD5DFL
V.P. Amateur Radio Club of Central Louisiana
Field Day Chairman