[AARA] [Skywarn] Skywarn Digest, Vol 57, Issue 11

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat May 31 16:15:38 CDT 2014

Neil Sedotal KC5BLQ asked me to post this on my reflector.

Herman
KN5GRK

/On Saturday, May 31, 2014 1:35 PM, Milw Area Skywarn Assoc
<svoros at execpc.com> wrote:/

Here in Southeast Wisconsin I encourage spotters and our members to
take the on-line courses and attend a in-person class. As a minimum
attending the in-person class is mandatory to be part of our group.

>From my point of view the on-line classes provide base-line
training that every spotter needs to know, and the local in-person
classes fill the gaps (contact info, reporting criteria, local
severe climate, does & don'ts, local issues) not cover by
the on-line course.

I have heard other complaints that after someone takes the on-line
course they
is no immediate follow-up by the local NWS office.

Regards,

Skip Voros
Executive
Director