[AARA] Upcoming Louisiana Hamfests and Events

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Apr 13 09:38:13 CDT 2015

Northeast Louisiana Regional Hamfest

Date: Saturday, April 18, 2015
Time: 8:00 AM - til
Where: Barak Shrine Temple
              6620 Frontage Road
              Monroe, LA
Directions: Take I-20 (Exit 120) then East on Frontage Road just past
Sam's Club about 1 mile. Look for Barak Shrine Temple on right.
Talk-in: 146.85 (no tone)
Registration: $6 with one drawing ticket; $12 with 10 drawing tickets.
Additional bundles of 25 drawing tickets can be purchased for $20.
Events: VE Testing
               Forums
               Hourly Door Prizes
               Drawings (at 9AM, 11AM,
               and 1PM a BaoFeng UV-
               5R will be one of the door
               prizes)
Tables for selling: $10 each
              (register for tables at:
              http://w5la.net/tables
Dealers & Venders:
Palmetto Antennas
MCM Computers
       JMR Sales
  Grand Prizes: Drawing at 2 PM
1st Prize: Icom IC-7200 HF/6M
                 Transceiver
2nd Prize: Icom ID-51A VHF/UHF
                  Handheld
3rd Prize: MFJ 259C Antenna
                 Analyzer
Website:  http://www.w5ea.org/

73, Jim Ragsdale - W5LA
Hamfest Chairman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*9th ANNUAL PINEY HILL ARA HOT DOG SOCIAL*

Where:  Cook Park Ruston, Louisiana
*__*

*_SATURDAY APRIL 25, 2015_*

It is hotdog social time again!!! Not only are we going to be serving
the best hotdogs and hamburgers free again this year as our gift to the
ham radio community!!!

*WE ALSO WILL BE SELLING *

*CRAWFISH TICKETS!!!*

*$15.00 PER TRAY*

*WITH CORN AND POTATOES!*

*BUY CRAWFISH TICKETS HERE!!!* *http://www.phara.us/*

*YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR CRAWFISH TICKETS IN THE MAIL!!!*

*WHEN ORDERING YOUR TICKETS ONLINE, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ADDRESS, CALL
SIGN AND PHONE NUMBER!*

*Please purchase your tickets on or before APRIL 20, 2015.*

*A limited number of tickets will be available for purchase at the
Hotdog Social*

*If you do not have PayPal, please click on the reservation form button
ON THE WEB SITE, print it out and return it.*

Our goal for these hotdog socials spread friendship and to open dialogs
between clubs and hams from different areas of the state.  Just as last
year, The Piney Hills Hotdog Social is free and open to all hams and
clubs in a very relaxed family picnic atmosphere. *_Please bring the
family!!!!_*  We will have  a HF station up and going (if you can please
come early and help put up and string antennas). We will have cash and
other prizes for our fox hunts again this year, and other activities
available.  We will have fresh grilled hotdogs, hamburgers, cakes,
cookies, soft drinks, and all of the trimmings available around 12:00.

Once again, this Hotdog Social is FREE (no charge) and open to all hams!!!

The Louisiana Tech Ham Radio Club will be launching a balloon with video
and a APRS transmitter.

Talk in frequency is 147.120MHz (+) 94.8 pl.

The Grand Prize This Year is a

KENWOOD TM-281A TWO METER RADIO

AND A ALINCO DM-330MV POWER SUPPLY

DONATED BY MARK KB5XV & LESLE COLVIN

YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!

The Second Grand Prize This year is a

Wouxun Dual Band Handy Talky

YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!!

(DONATED BY PALMETTO ANTENNAS - JERRY AD5AQ & KAYE LANE KD5YZA DARNELL)

PLUS THERE WILL BE DOOR PRIZE DRAWINGS EVERY 30 MINUTES!!!

OUR DOOR PRIZE CHAIRMAN

DENNY AD5YX arm twister MORSE

IS SHAKING THE BUSHES GATHERING FANTASTIC DOOR PRIZES AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!

*We will have cash and other prizes for our fox hunt winners this
year!!! So dust off your Yagi antennas!!*

**

*If you and or your club plan to come this year, Please kindly RSVP with
MaryAnn Mendez 318-497-3535 maryann at jmendez.us so we can make sure we
have enough food and drink for everyone.*