[AARA] W5BMC Black Bear Festival Special Event

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Apr 16 14:24:55 CDT 2015

 From the Banks of the Beautiful Bayou Teche in Franklin, Louisiana.

Call sign: *W5BMC*
                  Bayouland Emergency Amateur Radio Service
Date:  Saturday, April 18, 2015
Time:  On the air starting at 10AM until 4PM Central, weather permitting.
Place:  Franklin, Louisiana
Frequencies:  40m - 7.260 plus or minus and 20m - 14.260 plus or minus
QSL via SASE to: Jackie Price KA5LMZ, 1412 Maple Street, Morgan City,
Louisiana 70380
Sponsored by:  Bayouland Emergency Amateur Radio Service

      This will mark the 5th year of the special event station at the
festival.  We welcome  all hams to stop by the station and visit if you
are in the
area.
      We have become an integral part of the Black Bear Festival and
they have a great sheltered place for us to set up on the banks of the
Bayou.  As we are operating, we have a great view of the old wooden
boats that are chugging up and down beautiful Bayou Teche in Franklin.
      Unlike most special event stations, we keep not only a log of our
contacts but have a wonderful working relationship with the officials of
the
Black Bear Festival and the officials of the Cajun Coast Visitor
Center.  They provide envelopes, postage, a tourist folder on St. Mary
Parish
and also the sought after QSL card that is usually a copy of the
official poster for the event.  It is a great time for the BEARS from
Morgan City
and for the Black Bear Festival in general.
      In addition, the festival will feature boat trips int the Bayou
Teche Wildlife Refuge (you must register for this), food and craft
booths and
love music.
      Please look for us on HF Saturday and receive a special QSL card.

Bayou Teche Black Bear Festival Website:
http://www.bayoutechebearfest.org/