[AARA] Four States Texarkana Hamfest AR/LA; CATS Tailgate Party in TN this Weekend..

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri May 1 16:45:55 CDT 2015

I send the following from Four States ARC in Texarkana...

FOUR STATES ARC HAMFEST, TEXARKANA, USA, MAY 2, 2015

2015 TEXARKANA, USA, HAM FEST SPONSORED BY
Four States Amateur Radio Club, TEXARKANA, USA

Saturday May 2nd 8:00 am till 3:00 pm
Fine Arts Building Four States Fair Grounds
Ark Loop 245 & I-30 Less than 2 miles away

Accommodations
Best Western PLUS – 870.774.1534
Comfort Suites – 855.849.1513
Hampton Inn – 870-774-4267
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – 870.216.0083 On Site

Admission is $5.00 at the door (includes 2 raffle ticket)
Coffee, Drinks, and Lunch
Available 8:00 am till 2:30 pm VE
Testing: 10:00 & 1:00 Tables are $10.00 each Tailgating Available

Talk In
146.620 (-) tone 100
http://www.4sarc.org

VENDERS:

Main Trading Company – Paris, Tx
Houston Amateur Radio – Spring, Tx
Palmetto Antenna – Ruston, La
JMR Sales – Altoona, AL

RAFFLE TICKETS: $1.00/Each

PRIZES:

Grand Prize: ICOM IC-7200 (100w HF) (transceiver)
2nd Prize: KENWOOD TM-V71A (2m/440 mobile)
3rd Prize: Wouxun KG-UV8D (2m/440 ht)
Radio prizes awarded each hour throughout the day. (Must be present to
win.) Drawing at 2:30PM Need not to be present to win Grand Prize.
Must be present to win 2nd and 3rd Prize

I wanted to remind all the ARRL Officers, Directors, Assistant
Directors, and Section Managers I could think of that might have some
interest/connection to the Four States Area. Our area is unique
because
we use repeaters located in Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma
during the normal day and watch Cable TV that has Arkansas News, Texas
News, and Louisiana News. Our Weather Reports come from Shreveport,
La..... so we are in the best location in the World?

Here is a brief Run Down of the Schedule for that weekend....

Vendors Move into the Fine Arts Building at the Four States
Fairgrounds
at Noon Friday May 1...there will be help there for that.
Fellowship/Eat
that evening at 6:30 PM at a Restaurant of choice which I really
enjoy.....getting to spend some time with our Delta Director David
Norris K5UZ, last year was a special event for us that live in
Arkansas. A special Thanks to Dale Temple W5RXU, and Gary Stratton
K5GLS from Shreveport for supporting all that we try to do in
Texarkana. We always hope to have Texas and Oklahoma Section Managers
to join us.

Hamfest Opens at 8 AM...we will have breakfast sandwiches, coffee to
get the day started. Lunch starts at 11 AM with wonderful Hamburgers,
possible soup/stew(depends on our cooks) with home made pies/ desserts
from the girls in the Club.

Hourly Drawings for Door Prizes with the Grand Prize Drawings at 2:30
PM. Auction off food stuff at 2 PM. Closing and Clean Up at 3 PM.

Tables are $10 each and General Admission is $5, which includes two
raffle tickets. Extra Raffle Tickets are 3 for $10.  Vendors with four
or more tables get two food vouchers.

TNX Clarence!

Also in TN this weekend...

C.A.T.S. Tail-Gate Party

This Saturday 05/09/2015;
Location: Hilldale Family Life Center Picnic Pavilion
250 Old Farmers Road
Clarksville, TN 37040
Website:http://www.kf4l.org
Sponsor: Clarksville Amateur Transmitting Society
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 147.390 (no PL tone)
Public Contact: John Freed , KX6F
216 Maplewood Drive Clarksville, TN 37042
Phone: 931-216-2503
Email:jdfreed at bellsouth.net

I will see those of you in Texarkana and Vice Director Hudgens should
be in Clarksville.

73 ES DX

DE K5UZ

ARRL Delta Division