[AARA] AARA 2019 Field Day

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Jun 10 19:52:17 CDT 2019

This year, the AARA will be hosting Field Day at the farm of Steve AF5VR
and Mel Webre.  We are looking forward to this event
and we hope that you are able to spend some time with us. Handicap
parking is available and bathroom amenities are on
premises.  We will begin setting stations up Saturday morning at 0800,
with Field Day officially starting at 1300 and running
until 1300 on Sunday.

*2019 Field Day Rules (PDF format)
*
<http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2019/2019-Field-Day-Packet-Complete.pdf>
*LOCATION:*  1529 Beaugh St., Church Point, LA ( Google Maps Directions )

Directions from I-10 (Rayne/Church Point exit)
Take LA 35 north into Church
Point.<http://www.w5ddl.org/clubsite/events/FD2019/map_1.tif>
Turn left onto S. Main St. (Sonic Drive-In on corner)
Turn right onto E. Plaquemine St. (Daigle Hardware on corner)
Travel approximately 1/3 mile and turn left onto N. Beaugh St. (local
bar on corner)
Travel 1 mile and AF5VR’s driveway will be on the left.

** Please use caution when entering as folks will be setting up their
stations. **
** Please remain on gravel drive unless directed otherwise. **
** No antennas, guy wires or other items located on airfield runway. **

/**/ /*Right click on map for larger view.*/

*CAMPING:
*
Camper spots will be available.  However, power, water, and sewer will
not be available so please plan accordingly.
Please RSVP Steve Webre AF5VR swebre at hotmail.com
<mailto:swebre at hotmail.com> or Danny Daigle KD5JSM kd5jsm at yahoo.com
<mailto:kd5jsm at yahoo.com> if you plan on bringing a camper.

*STATION INFORMATION:
*
We will have AMOS II with the antenna trailer and many other antenna
configurations available for use.  In the event
that you plan on bringing your own personal set up, please remember to
bring all of your necessary gear (portable table,
battery power, radio, mic, coax, antenna, headset etc.)

In an effort to avoid any transmission interference, we will have band
assignments for the different bands recognized by
ARRL Field Day.  Please help by adhering to band allocations that will
be posted.  In the event that you want to operate
on a “band in use” accommodations can be made to get you into an area
that avoids interference.

** Please see Tom Dischler W5OHJ or Danny Daigle KD5JSM for assistance **

*MENU:
*
The AARA will be providing food and drinks.  However, if you have any
special dietary requirements or personal preferences
please bring those items with you as it is impossible to accommodate
everyone’s requests.

     Saturday Breakfast    Donuts
     Saturday Lunch         Order Out
     Saturday Dinner        Order Out
     Sunday Breakfast      Donuts
     Sunday Lunch           TBD

*MISCELLANEOUS:*  (Bring Your Own)

     Headset / Earbuds
     Bug spray
     Extra clothing
     Rain gear
     Comfortable shoes
     Chairs and more chairs
     Pop-up canopy (if you plan on operating outside)
     Drink/snacks
     Personal hygiene items

/*WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP SETUP AND OPERATE RADIOS*/

Danny Daigle KD5JSM
Field Day Chairman
kd5jsm at yahoo.com

Updated: June 10, 2019