[AARA] Walker WB5MPV Memorial Service

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Aug 24 06:26:52 CDT 2023

*Walker Winans WB5MPV  – Silent Key**
**                         1945 - 2023**
*
Hi Everyone, this is Lara, Walker's daughter. As you probably know,
Walker, also known as WB5MPV
by his ham radio friends, passed away on July 13th after a brief battle
with liver cancer. I would like
to invite his friends to the memorial service scheduled for *Saturday
Sept 16, 10 am at:*
*              St. James Episcopal Church (205 N 4th St, Baton Rouge, LA
70801). *
There will be a 30 minute funeral service, followed by a reception at
the Church's Coleman Hall, where
we can share stories and meet other people from Walker's many social
circles. We'll have coffee and
lemonade and light snacks/ deli trays of fruit/ cheese/ meat. There
won't be a eulogy during the church
service, so this will be the time for speeches/remarks. :-)

My apologies if I have sent this to you in error. Please forward this
announcement to anyone I might
have missed, especially Ham Radio friends, Coastal Studies Institute
colleagues, and Gourmet Club members.
Melinda and I look forward to seeing you there.

Lara Phillips

*Note:*  See page 3 of KN5GRK's August Newsletter
<https://www.kn5grk.com/newsletter/2023/kn5grk_08_2023.pdf> for more info.