[AARA] SkyWarn Training Class / CERT Training

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Feb 6 12:06:10 CST 2012

All persons wanting to take the SkyWarn Training Course should meet at
the following date, time, and place.

*Date:*  Thursday February 9, 2012
*Time:*  6:30 pm
*Place:*  Red Cross Building, 101 N. Pat St., Scott, LA.

*Topic: * SkyWarn Basic and/or Advanced Training.

Any questions, contact:

*Ed Roy**WA5TNK*
Consulting Meteorologist
Lafayette, LA
337-233-3816
edroy at edroy.com

Hi Herman,
Please pass this on as anyone is welcome to take part in the CERT training.

73, Ray
W5EW

*Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training Class*

Dear CERT Team Candidate,

I am pleased to announce that the Terrebonne Parish Community Emergency
Response Team (CERT) will be hosting CERT Basic Training classes on
February 8^th , 9^th , 15^th , and 16^th  from 6pm to 9pm at the North
Branch of the Terrebonne Parish Library that is across the street from
HL Bourgeois High School. CERT Basic Training is a great introduction to
the world of emergency response including subject matter on CPR, Fire
Safety, Light Search and Rescue, Terrorism and more.

Please be aware that in order to be on the CERT Team you must attend all
four sessions and pass a background check.  Unfortunately, food will not
be provided during training so please make your own provisions.

WHO: CERT TEAM CANDIDATES

WHAT: CERT TEAM BASIC TRAINING

WHERE: NORTH BRANCH OF TERREBONNE PARISH LIBRARY

WHEN: FEBRUARY 8, 9, 15, 16     6PM-9PM EACH DAY

                 Please let me know as soon as possible if you plan on
attending training by email or office phone.  Also, please let me know
if there are any questions.  Additionally, if you know of anyone else
who might be interested in joining our team, please invite them to show
up.  The more the merrier!

I look forward to a successful training program and to meeting you all,

Benjamin R. Walker
Assistant Director
Terrebonne Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
CERT Team Leader
112 Capital Blvd.
Houma, LA 70360
bwalker at tpcg.org
office: 985-873-6357
cell: 985-232-9988
fax: 985-850-4643

Terrebonne Parish -Saltwater Fishing Capital of the World