[AARA] AARA Sunday June 17 FD Bulletin

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Jun 17 08:52:35 CDT 2012

This is part of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (AARA)
Field Day Event. More bulletins to follow. This year our FD is more or
less geared on emergency communications. We invite anyone hams or
non-hams to visit our FD event as soon as the location is announced.

Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP
AARA Field Day Chairperson
kf5fnp at cox.net
*THIS IS A DRILL *

Sunday June 17th.

/*HAPPY FATHERS DAY! */

Kaboudreaux now a weak CAT 5 hurricane has moved directly across
Lafayette Parish causing major damage, before turning NE. NHC warns
hurricane BOHICA, now a strong CAT 1, could follow the same path as
Kaboudreaux. Red Cross opens more shelters in North Louisiana. If BOHICA
follows Kaboudreaux's path the Red Cross shelters could remain open for
4 to 6 weeks. No vehicles are being allowed back into the affected area.

DHS -- Deploys SAR drone and disaster evaluation team to the affected area.

Troy Landry is back home and ready to start filming again. Troy said he
is going to run the lines he set before Kaboudreaux as soon as the film
crew arrives.

*THIS IS A DRILL *