[AARA] AARA Friday June 15 FD Bulletin

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Jun 15 10:13:44 CDT 2012

This is part of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (AARA)
Field Day Event.  More bulletins to follow.  This year our FD is more or
less geared on emergency communications.  We invite anyone hams or
non-hams to visit our FD event as soon as the location is announced.
DON'T FORGET TO PROGRAM YOUR RADIOS WITH THE SIMPLEX FREQUENCIES FOR
FIELD DAY

Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP
AARA Field Day Chairperson
kf5fnp at cox.net
*THIS IS A DRILL
*

Friday June 15th.

Kaboudreaux now a strong CAT 4 and has stalled just off the Louisiana
coast South of Cameron, LA dumping large amounts of rain, adding to the
flooding caused by the tidal surge  in the coastal parishes. People
continue to seek shelter at area hospitals. Red Cross shelters are
overflowing. HAMs that EVACed from the affected areas, and HAMs where
the Red Cross shelters have been setup, have established a traffic net
passing HEALTH & WELLFARE traffic.

NHC - TS BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again) now a CAT 1 Hurricane
and increasing forward speed, landfall expected between Lake Charles and
Morgan City, LA .

  Oil reaches $190.00 BBL.

  Best Stop has a ½ price sale on FRESH goat and chicken sausage.

*THIS IS A DRILL

*